Friday 1 March 2013

Perfect Combos #1

I've had this in my mind for a while...

I first read this book towards the end of last year after hearing a very cryptic review on it by ItsWayPastMyBedtime on YouTube and I loved it...it's pretty hard to explain but it's a great story line and the descriptions are so beautifully written, you just have to read it! 
My reading this book just so happened to coincide with me buying this album, one that I had received a track for free about 2 years before from iTunes. I don't recall what made me look at this album again but I'm so glad I did. Villagers have to be one of my favourite bands now and if you like a songwriter who can tell a decent story you may want to check them out.

Their new album {Awayland} is out now.
The reason why these two are the perfect combo in my opinion is that some of the themes in the book and the album really resonate with one another and they are both two things that I would happily recommend/force other people to enjoy! I hope you do too :D
Jade xx

The Last Line: I see you've written promises to make me stay, but it really doesn't matter now anyway. I'm leaving.
(Set The Tigers Free - Villagers)

No comments:

Post a Comment