Sunday 14 July 2013

Curly Hair Care Routine - Part 2: Styling

This is the second part of my hair care routine, which is about how I style my hair. Read the first part here.
N.B. please excuse the lack of make up but it was too hot today to bother and I had just gotten out of the shower!

So after rinsing out the Argan Oil treatment, I use a microfibre hair wrap/towel to dry my hair.

Next I apply Africa's Best Leave-in conditioner, a product I have using for a few years now and find works really well at moisturising.
























I follow this up with the Elasta QP liquid styling gel as this helps to keep my curl between washes, and really helps with the next part. I run this through my hair and section into two pieces.




To get a nice defined curl, I wrap small sections of my hair around my fingers. These twists help to create ringlets which set with the help of the styling gel. I work around my whole head, from the back to the front on each side. At this point my hair is still quite damp from all of the styling products so I leave the ringlets in for a few hours (or overnight) to dry and set.



Once the ringlets have dried, I use clean, dry hands to separate each individual one so that they are more defined. This is a really quick and easy process, thankfully as it would look bizarre to leave it!

Here's the finished result! It will probably last me 3-4 days, before it needs washing again. Hope this was helpful to some of you! 
Send me links to your curly hair care routines! I'd love to see what other curlies do!
J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment